The SS. Isidore and Maria Parish Health Care and Mental Health Ministries, in partnership with the Glastonbury-based Regional Behavioral Health Action Organization Amplify, are providing a FREE public training related to suicide prevention and the safe administration of the overdose reversal drug, NARCAN®. This on-site training takes place on Mon., Feb. 13 at 7 p.m. at St. Paul Church, 2577 Main Street, Glastonbury, Connecticut.
Key points of the training are:
- How to question, persuade and refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
- Overdose prevention strategies
- Signs and symptoms of an overdose
- How to administer NARCAN
- Support information and resources
Each registered attendee will go home with a FREE two-dose NARCAN® kit.
Refreshments will be served. Snow date is Mon., Feb. 20.
Space is limited. Parental permission is required for anyone under the age of 18. Registration is required. Please fill out the form below to register. For more information, contact the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org.