Knights of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus, Council 2533, is a fraternal organization of Catholic men age 18 and over. Programs center around church, family community, youth, council and pro-life, wherever the need is greatest. As the strong right arm of the church they sponsor various church related activities.
- K of C Council 2533 encompasses all parishes in Glastonbury and St. Edmund Campion Parish in East Hartford
- The Knights maintain strong ties to the pastors of these churches
- Activities are planned to raise funds to support charities such as Special Olympics
- Keep Christ in Christmas is a program of the Knights of Columbus
- The Knights of Columbus provide an honor guard for various functions such as Confirmation or a Mass said by visiting hierarchy
- Contact: John L. Ruggiero, Parish Round Table Coordinator at 860-633-3126 or email@example.com
Health Care Ministry
Since 2004, the St. Paul Parish Nurses have assisted and supported parishioners with their physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. They continue to offer compassionate care, health education, health advocacy and also serve as liaisons to available community services. Programs are offered throughout the year to educate parishioners in a variety of topics. Blood pressure screenings are offered on a monthly basis. Whether you would like to speak confidentially to one of our Parish Nurses or if you would like to volunteer in our Ministry either as an RN or as a non-RN ministry volunteer, your call is always welcome.
- To volunteer as an RN, you must show a valid CT RN license, as well as a copy of your driver’s license
- Monthly meeting is held on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the St. Paul south wing conference room
- Blood pressure screenings are held after each Mass on the second full weekend of the month
- Contact: Co-coordinators – Donna Ruggiero 860-633-3126 or Lorraine Jacobs 860-263-7566
Prayer Shawl Ministry
This ministry is meant to reach out to those in need of comfort and solace, as well as in celebration and joy. Hopefully, those who wear their shawls or use their lap blankets will feel the love that goes into making each and every one of them. Each volunteer takes yarn home with them and works on the shawl/lap blanket at their leisure at home. Whether you knit or crochet, or want to learn, there are plenty of expert helpers to get you started.
If you wish to obtain a shawl or lap blanket or to join the ministry please call the contact person below.
- Meetings are every third Thursday of the month (not during July and August) from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. in the St. Paul library
- Contact: Rosemary Nemecek 860-659-4899
St. Paul Men’s Club
Tracing its beginnings back to 1950, the Men’s Club serves our parish by: promoting the spiritual welfare of its members and hosting social activities, as well as materially and socially, providing scholarship aid to selected Parish children attending college. In addition to the events organized for the membership, the Men’s Club actively supports a host of parish activities and is well known for its famous weekly Bingo fundraiser.
- Annual dues of $10 are used to help defray the costs of our annual kick off dinner and Christmas party, as well as a number of other events throughout the year
- All men 18 years of age or older who are members or former members of St. Paul or St. Augustine Parishes or whose families are members or former members of St. Paul Parish are invited to join
- Board meets monthly
- Membership meets every other month
- Contact: Contact parish office for information 860-633-9419
Society of St. Vincent de Paul
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is an International Lay Catholic organization. This group leads members to join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to those poor and disadvantaged in their own community.
- All cases confidential
- Amount of time spent depends directly upon number of calls for help
- There is a requirement for membership—to learn about the Society and how it works
- There are obligatory monthly meetings
- Contact: Melissa Lacafta, 860-633-9419