Annual event planning
Each year, our parish community gathers to mark the end of the 12 days of Christmas! The Knights of Columbus and Men’s Club treat those in attendance to pasta & meatballs. We have activities for the kids, and get to enjoy Christmas music for the last time until next Christmas. We will have water, juice, and decaf coffee, and you may BYOB if you wish.
This special service takes place once a year on the first Monday of May from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the church. There is a recitation of the rosary by various parishioners where a candle is lit after each prayer forming the shape of a rosary around the church. Once the rosary is complete there is a novena and benediction, followed by light refreshments in the South Wing.
- Chairperson requires good organizational skills to develop publicity and make contacts
- Time commitment: Two-and a-half hours, three weeks prior to service. Activities include publicity and contacting participants
- Day of service: One hour before service for minimal setup and distribution of candles and prayer cards
- After service: 30 minutes to collect prayer cards and candles and help clean up
- Training/instructions provided
- Contact: Marie Levy 860-633-3170
This dinner, which is hosted by the Pastor and other priests of the parish, acknowledges and validates the good works of all ministries. This requires assistance with the coordination of the activities of compiling lists of volunteers, sending invitations and arranging the dinner.
- Contact: Melissa LaCafta 860-633-9149 or email@example.com
Keep Christ in Christmas
The Keep Christ in Christmas program was initiated in an effort to involve as many parishioners as possible in preparing for Christmas. To set the tone for the season, the Parish Nurses begin by hosting an evening spiritual program. Other activities have included a poster contest for elementary school children, Christmas Tree Lighting and Carol Sing, Advent Wreath making and a Children’s Christmas pageant. There is something for parishioners of any age.
Responsibilities of the committee are:
- Work with the religious education director to organize and judge the poster contest.
- Work with the pastor to set the date for the tree lighting.
- Work with the music director to determine the music for the tree lighting and carol sing.
- Time commitment: Approximately six to eight hours during the Advent season.
- Contact: Donna Ruggiero 860-633-3126 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Festival Committee
Each fall a parish picnic is held for all parishioners. This event provides a time for parishioners of all ages to come together for an afternoon of fun and fellowship. Food, music and entertainment are all a part of the activities at this free event. Responsibilities of this committee include arranging for food and entertainment. Publicity is also an important task for the event to be successful. Ideally, it would be helpful to have someone on the committee who has previously organized or assisted on this event.
- Time commitment: Over a two-month period, two hours/week can be expected.
- Confirmation students are helpful and can earn service hours.
- Contact: Melissa LaCafta 860-633-9419 or email@example.com