Ss. Isidore and Maria Social Justice Ministry
As faithful Catholics, we are called upon to serve others, to work for justice and to defend the dignity of all humans. It’s in small gestures of kindness, generosity and love that we make great strides in social justice within our local communities – and you can help.
The Ss. Isidore and Maria’s Social Justice Ministry seeks for volunteers to support our efforts at making the world a bit easier for others to navigate. Our role is to strengthen parish outreach by organizing activities that center around loving our global neighbors. Our love for all our brothers and sisters demands that we promote peace and work for justice, especially for those who are marginalized.
The social justice ministry is currently incorporating the following project into parish life at Ss. Isidore and Maria:
Fair Trade coffee
- Fair trade is a trading partnership based on dialogue, transparency, and respect that seeks greater equity in international trade.
- Fair trade products are special because when you buy them, you know that farmer have been paid well, and they have treated the farmers in a fair way.
- Fair trade contributes to sustainable development by offering better trading conditions to, and securing the rights of, marginalized producers and workers.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Rice Bowl
- Lenten program of CRS, the official relief and development agency of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Faith-in-action program that invites us to encounter the needs of the world with the hope of the Resurrection
- Through CRS Rice Bowl, we journey with members of our human family around the world, and commit our Lenten prayers, fasting and almsgiving to deepening our faith and serving those in need.
- Lenten alms donated through CRS Rice Bowl support the work of CRS in roughly 45 different countries each year.
- 25% of all donations to CRS Rice Bowl stay in the local diocese, supporting hunger and poverty alleviation efforts.