The Archdiocese of Hartford today provided guidance on further reopening the doors of parishes across the area to in-person worship. Here’s how it affects the parishioners of SS. Isidore and Maria Parish:
EFFECTIVE MAY 19:
- In line with state guidance, Masses at SS. Isidore and Maria Parish will be open to worship at 100% capacity.
- Face masks continue to be required at all Masses.
- Social distancing is no longer required.
- Exposed holy water fonts will remain empty.
- Pew barriers and tape, signs, etc., that were previously used to direct the flow of traffic in the aisles will be removed, except the boxes outlined on the floor for the reception of Holy Communion, which will remain.
STARTING MAY 22:
- As of Pentecost (May 22/23), the general dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass in person on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation is rescinded, and all Catholics are obligated to attend Mass in-person. However, since the risk of infection, though diminished, still remains, the following individuals may very legitimately decide not yet to attend church:
- Those suffering from serious pre-existing conditions making them more susceptible to COVID-19,
- Those who are ill or homebound or who are caregivers in close contact with someone who is,
- Those who have tested positive for any contagious disease, including COVID-19,
- Those who are in quarantine due to exposure to any contagion, or who reside with someone who is quarantined.
- Congregational singing will be allowed; masks must remain in place.
- The Sign of Peace will be restored without touching.
- Holy Communion will return to its customary place within the Mass.
- Communion on the tongue, at the advice of the Archbishop, is still discouraged. Those who wish to receive communion on the tongue, however, are asked to come at the end of the communion line.
- Offertory will continue to be collected via the collection boxes at the entrances of St. Paul Church. We encourage you to consider our online option at https://www.osvhub.com/isidoreandmaria/funds
- Livestreaming of all weekend Masses from SS. Isidore and Maria Parish will continue through June 27.
- Starting July 3, weekend Masses will be livestreamed each Saturday at 4 p.m. and each Sunday at 11:15 a.m.
- Rebroadcasts of the 4 p.m. vigil Mass will be streamed on Sundays at 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
- Please note that, for those safely able to attend Mass in-person, watching Mass online or on TV is not a valid substitute for attendance at Mass.
- For those who need to view Mass online or on TV due to the reasons noted above, communion will be distributed immediately following the conclusion of the 11:15 a.m. Sunday Mass, until 12:30 p.m.
- The Mass schedule at SS. Isidore and Maria Parish remains unchanged:
- Daily Mass schedule: Mon., Tues., Wed.: 7:30 a.m., and Fri.: 12:15 p.m.
- Weekend Mass Schedule: Sat. Vigil: 4 p.m., and Sun.: 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m.
- All Masses will continue to be held at St. Paul Church.