SS. Isidore and Maria Parish Mental Health Ministry has partnered with the Connecticut Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to offer a free, confidential, peer-led family support group for any adult with a loved one who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition.
This family support group holds sessions on the second Wednesday of the month from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the main classroom of the educational wing of St. Paul Church, 2577 Main Street, Glastonbury, CT. Parishioner and NAMI-certified group facilitator Thomas Burr co-leads this group, which is open to the general public.
NAMI support groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need. They are:
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones of people with mental health conditions
- Led by family members of people with mental health conditions
- No specific theological or medical therapy or treatment is endorsed
This family support group will help participants:
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
For more information, contact Thomas Burr by phone at 860-202-4487, or email email@example.com, or Carol Vassar at firstname.lastname@example.org.