Mental illness affects people of all ages, genders, religions, and backgrounds.
That’s why the SS. Isidore and Maria Health Ministry seeks your help in supporting “The Purple Light Project,” an initiative of Hartford Hospital’s Institute of Living (IOL).
The Purple Light Project provides tangible support to the psychiatric patients in Hartford Hospital’s Emergency Department, which monthly sees approximately 450 people experiencing a mental health crisis. All too often, they arrive at the hospital without the life’s basics that we take for granted.
That’s where YOU come in. There are two ways you can help support The Purple Light Project:
1) Dine at any Max Restaurant location on 9/7: Grab LUNCH or DINNER at your favorite Max restaurant, including Max Fish in Glastonbury along with Max-a-Mia, Max Tavern, Max’s Oyster Bar, Savoy Pizzeria, or the Trumbull Kitchen on Monday September 7th. They will donate 10% of their proceeds to the Purple Light Project when you mention it! This is good for TAKE OUT OR DINE IN!!
2) Clothing/hygiene product donations: For distribution to Hartford Hospital psychiatric patients in need. We’re looking to collect:
- Gently worn (no stains or tears) clothing or shoes,
- New clothing such as socks, hats, scarves, or gloves
- Basic sanitary items, including tooth brushes, tooth paste, deodorant, feminine products, etc.
Purple Light Project collection boxes are now available at the back entrances of both St. Paul Church and St. Augustine Church.