Help for those who are less fortunate.
For many years, volunteers from SS. Isidore and Maria Parish have worked to support ImmaCare Inc., a Hartford-based organization performing homeless outreach and support for some of our poorest neighbors.
As ImmaCare’s mission continues in these times of economic unpredictability, the need for volunteers to continue this partnership is crucial to ImmaCare’s continued success — and ultimately the success of the clients they serve.
SS. Isidore and Maria Parish is responsible for providing meals to the ImmaCare Shelter on the first two Fridays of most months. Volunteers may serve in any of the following capacities:
- Individuals are needed to cook and provide meal items in their own home kitchens for delivery to ImmaCare’s emergency shelter on our designated evenings.
- Volunteers are needed to serve meals at the ImmaCare Shelter on our designated evenings.
- Outreach Program: This is an ImmaCare program that provides nourishment five days each week to the homeless living on the street, in abandoned buildings or wherever shelter can be found. Donations from SS. Isidore and Maria supplement the sandwiches which are distributed each day. Since there is virtually no funding for this program, an acute need exists for food and water. There are a few different ways to make donations for the Outreach program.
- Send a check to ImmaCare and put in the memo line a notation that the check is for the OUTREACH PROGRAM.
- Order items from Amazon, Walmart, and Target for direct shipment to ImmaCare, c/o Tony Mack ImmaCare Outreach Program, 168 Hungerford Street, Hartford, CT 06106-4641
- Leave donated items at either St. Augustine Church (in the hallway) or St. Paul Church (in the box in the South Wing marked “ImmaCare Outreach.”). These are picked up by ImmaCare on the 1st Thursday each month. Click here for the current list of needed items.
Please consider taking time as an individual, a family, a class, a workplace or a parish group (readers, Eucharistic ministers, etc.) to help our neighbors in need. All are welcome to participate.
If you are interested in supporting ImmaCare, please use the links below.
For more information:
- Please contact ImmaCare Coordinators Bill Curley at 860-944-3350 (first Friday of the month) or Marisa Howard at 860-205-7139 (second Friday of the month).
Thank you again for your generosity.